Did you know a common root cause of your snoring is your tongue?
eXciteOSA for snoring tones your tongue with NMES therapy, a clinically proven approach to reduce snoring and improve the quality of your sleep.1-2
A simple 20 minute-a-day therapy with nothing to wear at night.
A Fatigued Tongue
Your tongue muscles are an important factor in a good night’s sleep
When you sleep your tongue and upper airway muscles relax. As you breath, air flows past these relaxed tissues making them vibrate, creating the snore sound.
Nearly everyone snores now and then, but for
some people it can be a chronic problem.
There are 3 different types of clinically proven treatments for snoring
Two of them open up or create space in the airway. The third, NMES, does something unique.
1. Nighttime treatments
Uncomfortable. not suitable for all
Mandibular (jaw) Advancement Device works by temporarily moving the jaw (and tongue) forward.
2. Surgical treatments
Invasive. Varying Results3
Surgery is usually an option after other treatments have failed. Examples include tissue or tonsil removal.
3. Daytime NMES therapy
Simple, effective & painless
NMES physiologically retrains the upper airway and tongue, to stay in its natural position while you sleep.
A Daytime Therapy
Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) with eXciteOSA for snoring
|Treats a root cause of snoring|
|Nothing to wear at night|
|Low cost trial period|
|Helps your body to help itself|
Surgery can also be an option in select cases, e.g. enlarged tonsils. eXciteOSA for snoring targets the tongue with NMES therapy.
NMES is different
Convenient daytime therapy
Comfortable and painless leaving you with nothing to wear at night.
Retrains the upper airway
Physiologically retrains the upper airway. No other device currently on the market does that.
You are in control
Use the eXciteOSA for snoring app to control the intensity of the stimulation and get guidance, reminders, and notifications about your therapy.
Pay later with Klarna & Paypal Paylater
Spread payments over 6, 12, 24 or 36 months with (Klarna) or split by 3 months (Paypal Paylater)
The Klarna and Paypal Paylater options will appear after entering your details via checkout
Hear how eXciteOSA® has transformed peoples sleep
“Very easy to use and quite simple to just find 20-minutes at a time.”
Trusted by Experts
Backed by leading sleep specialists
“We believe that eXciteOSA® therapy will be able to help many patients in the near future.”
- Specialist in ORL at Dr. Peset University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
- Expert in Sleep Medicine
- President of the Commission on Roncopathy and Sleep Apnoea of the Spanish Society of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
“I am optimistic that this treatment will be an important treatment approach for patients with with mild sleep apnea and snoring.”
- M.D. Research Chief, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- Peter C. Farrell Presidential Chair and Professor in Respiratory Medicine
- Former President, American Thoracic Society 2015- 2016
Frequently asked questions
Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS) machines stimulate the nerves exclusively for the purpose of relieving pain.
Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) produces regular contractions of muscles and produces changes in blood flow, activated nerves, and muscle [fibers], which may increase the health of the target muscle and surrounding soft tissues. Definition from the Handbook of Clinical Neurology, 2012
eXciteOSA® for snoring is a user-controllable neuromuscular electrical stimulator (NMES) that delivers a mild electrical current with defined frequencies to stimulate and improve muscle function in the mouth and tongue.
Unlike traditional snoring therapies, eXciteOSA® strengthens tongue and throat muscle tone, to prevent excessive muscle relaxation during sleep, reducing airway collapse and therefore snoring.
A daytime therapy with no night-time wearable necessary for a better night’s sleep.
There are 3 common types of clinically proven treatments for snoring, each with the goal of opening or freeing your airway.
Mandibular (jaw) Advancement Device works by temporarily moving the jaw forward and the tongue goes with it. creating space at the back of your throat to help you breathe.
Surgery is usually an option after other treatments have failed. Examples include the tissue or tonsil removal, again, with the intention of creating space.
NMES physiologically retrains the upper airway and tongue to maintain the tongue’s natural position while you sleep, effectively helping your body help itself. eXciteOSA for snoring is the only device in the world that can deliver NMES directly to your tongue and surrounding soft tissue.
Speak to one of our patient advocates for a no-obligation discussion around your needs for a better night’s sleep.
* Terms and Condition of the Sleep Guarantee: You must start using the device within 1 x calendar week of receiving your eXciteOSA. For optimal results, you should use it every day for 6 weeks. However, we know that we are all only human and people forget things – so we ask that you use it for a total of 6 weeks (a total of 42 days) within an 8 week period (56 days). A session is equivalent to 20 minutes. In addition, it is recommended that you increase the therapy intensity gradually over the treatment period to ensure that you give the treatment every chance of being effective. Please note that once the initial therapy is finished and to maintain the treatment you need to use the device at least twice a week forever.
The mouthpiece is a precision piece of engineering responsible for delivering neuromuscular electrical stimulation targeted primarily at the tongue. It needs to be replaced every 3 months and therefore will not be refunded as part of the ‘try before you buy offer’. We will deduct £54 + VAT from the final refund amount. Signifier will send you a return label for the device to be returned. Please contact Signifier Medical to arrange this.
- Kotecha, B., Wong, P.Y., Zhang, H. et al. A novel intraoral neuromuscular stimulation device for treating sleep-disordered breathing. Sleep and Breathing (2021). https://doi.org/10.1007/s11325-021-02355-7
- Baptista et al. Daytime Neuromuscular Electrical Therapy of Tongue Muscles in Improving Snoring. Journal of Clinical Medicine (2021)
- Carvalho B, Hsia J, Capasso R. Surgical therapy of obstructive sleep apnea: a review. Neurotherapeutics. 2012;9(4):710-716. doi:10.1007/s13311-012-0141-x
- Kim JW, Lee CH, Rhee CS, Mo JH. Relationship Between Snoring Intensity and Severity of Obstructive Sleep Apnea. Clin Exp Otorhinolaryngol. 2015 Dec;8(4):376-80. doi: 10.3342/ceo.2015.8.4.376. Epub 2015 Nov 10. PMID: 26622957; PMCID: PMC4661254.