Committed to the science
Founded by medical professionals, we specialise in developing creative and innovative science-based products that directly improve patient’s lives.
Tried, tested and proven – Hear what doctors and patients think.
Backed by evidence
Multiple clinical studies, conducted by prestigious universities with nearly 150 patients have consistently demonstrated the efficacy of eXciteOSA.
Supported by doctors
Prominent sleep physicians around the world recommend eXciteOSA to their patients for mild sleep apnoea or snoring.
Loved by patients
Because eXciteOSA is only used 20 min during the day, it is easy to stick to therapy. That’s why therapy adherence is >80% in clinical studies and in real life3.
Backed by evidence
Over 140 patients in multiple studies and more on the way, we’re committed to the science.
Proven reduction in snoring
Reduction in snoring was assessed in a clinical study of 115 patients. Snoring levels were measured with a microphone equipped with a snore sensor and placed on the patient’s chest. The measurements were taken pre and post-therapy.
The results indicated that 90% of patients experienced a reduction in total time spent snoring above 40dB. 40dB is the threshold that the WHO uses to define night-time noise pollution1.
Bed partners witnessed improvement
In the same clinical study, patients’ bed partners were asked to rate the level of snoring on a scale before and after therapy. 89% of partners rated the snoring as noticeably lower after 6 weeks of therapy with eXciteOSA1.
Reduction in sleep apnoea
In a study with 65 sleep apnoea patients, a 2-night home sleep test pre and post-therapy measured objective improvement in sleep apnoea. The test results showed a significant reduction in apnoea-hypopnea index (AHI) and oxygen desaturation index (ODI) measures2.
Supported by doctors
“The beauty of this novel device is that, unlike other appliances suggested for treating sleep apnoea, it is not used during sleep and is therefore more convenient.”
- Consultant Ear, Nose & Throat Surgeon
- Honorary Clinical Professor at Barts and The London School of Medicine & Dentistry
“I’m delighted that I now have another successful option to offer patients with heavy snoring and/or mild obstructive sleep apnoea”
- Consultant Respiratory Physician
- Bon Secours Hospital, Cork
“Patients wish there was an alternative non-invasive solution that was not used nocturnally. I am very excited to finally offer them this solution.”
- Haywood Regional Medical Center, NC, USA
“We believe that eXciteOSA therapy will be able to help many patients in the near future.”
- Specialist in ORL at Dr. Peset University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
- Expert in Sleep Medicine
- President of the Commission on Roncopathy and Sleep Apnoea of the Spanish Society of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
“I am optimistic that this treatment will be an important treatment approach for patients with with mild sleep apnea and snoring.”
- M.D. Research Chief, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- Peter C. Farrell Presidential Chair and Professor in Respiratory Medicine
- Former President, American Thoracic Society 2015- 2016
“What is truly revolutionary is that this device actually trains the muscles that go slack and cause snoring.”
- Sleep Dentist
- London, UK
“This device is unique as it is worn briefly during the day and thus no interference with sleep. There is no other product on the market like eXciteOSA®.”
- Norton Pulmonary Specialists, KY, USA
“A new treatment I feel enthusiastic about is eXciteOSA®. I have recommended patients who snore or have mild sleep apnoea to try it.”
- Consultant in Sleep Medicine
- Professor of Sleep Medicine
Loved by patients
I would recommend this device to anyone with sleep apnoea.
It can be used anytime of day for 20 minutes without bothering me when I’m trying to sleep.
It is indeed a life changing device
I’ve been using eXciteOSA for the last 3 months and I must say it really helps improving the quality of your sleeping. I wake up more energised and I don’t need CPAP anymore. The therapy is easy to do, you can do it while watching a film or TV.
eXciteOSA has been a relief for my wife and me!
She awakens refreshed and energetic- not groggy as in the past. I also benefit as I am not woken up multiple times during the night! I absolutely can appreciate a change in her energy level in the mornings and she doesn’t become so exhausted at the end of the day.
I have been so pleasantly surprised
I’ve gone through so much with my overall health and wasn’t sure if this would help me. IT DID! I don’t wake up feeling groggy or depleted. I feel like my weight loss regimen is working now since I’m getting recuperative sleep.
I am very grateful for eXciteOSA.
Now that I have been using the eXciteOSA I enjoy 5-6 hours of straight uninterrupted sleep and I feel better during the day with little tiredness.
Highly recommend it
I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnoea. I used to have attacks at night with the feeling of not breathing, some attacks very scary. eXciteOSA was a big positive change for me. I don’t experience these attacks anymore and sleep much better.
Try today with our sleep guarantee*
Use for just 20 minutes a day, every day for six weeks, to help maximise long term results.
* Terms and Conditions of the Sleep Guarantee: You must start using the exciteOSA For Sleep Apnoea within 1 x calendar week of receiving your eXciteOSA. For optimal results, you should use it every day for 6 weeks. However, we know that we are all only human and people forget things – so we ask that you use it for a total of 6 weeks (a total of 42 days) within an 8 week period (56 days). A session is equivalent to 20 minutes. In addition, it is recommended that you increase the therapy intensity gradually over the treatment period to ensure that you give the treatment every chance of being effective. Please note that once the initial therapy is finished and to maintain the treatment you need to use the device at least twice a week forever.
The mouthpiece is a precision piece of engineering responsible for delivering neuromuscular electrical stimulation targeted primarily at the tongue. It needs to be replaced every 3 months and therefore will not be refunded as part of the ‘try before you buy offer’. We will deduct £70 + VAT from the final refund amount. Signifier will send you a return label for the device to be returned. Please contact Signifier Medical to arrange this.
- Baptista PM, Martinez Ruiz de Apodaca P, Carrasco M, Fernandez S, Wong PY, Zhang H, Hassaan A, Kotecha B. Daytime neuromuscular electrical therapy of tongue muscles in improving snoring in individuals with primary snoring and mild obstructive sleep apnea. J Clin Med 10(9):1-11 (2021).
- Nokes B, Baptista PM, Martínez Ruiz de Apodaca P, Carrasco-Llatas M, Fernandez S, Kotecha B, Wong PY, Zhang H, Hassaan A, Malhotra A. Transoral awake state neuromuscular stimulation therapy for mild obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep & Breathing (in-press; 2022).
- White paper: “A descriptive analysis of objectively-monitored real-world adherence to eXciteOSA” (August 2022)