Want to stop snoring? eXcite OSA treats snoring and improves sleep quality within 6 weeks
Affecting 1 in 3 people, snoring is one of the most common causes of sleep deprivation. eXciteOSA reduces snoring in 90% of users … and 89% of snorer’s partners have noticed the difference too.
A simple 20 minute-a-day therapy with nothing to wear at night.
A Fatigued Tongue
Your tongue muscles are an important factor in a good night’s sleep
When you sleep your tongue and upper airway muscles relax. As you breath, air flows past these relaxed tissues making them vibrate, creating the snore sound.
Nearly everyone snores now and then, but for
some people it can be a chronic problem.
Long term snoring
It’s important to do something if you snore
Your snoring may lead to various health risks7-9 and may indicate the first stages of obstructive sleep apnoea (OSA)10.
It’s not justabout you
Your snoring may be causing stress and harming the long term health of your bed partner and other family members.
There are several options for treating snoring and obstructive sleep apnea
Many snoring therapies focus on creating space in the airway. NMES does something unique.
1. Nighttime treatments
Uncomfortable. not suitable for all
Mandibular (jaw) Advancement Device works by temporarily moving the jaw (and tongue) forward.
2. Surgical treatments
Surgery is usually an option after other treatments have failed. Examples include tissue or tonsil removal.
3. Daytime NMES therapy
Simple, effective & painless
NMES physiologically retrains the upper airway and tongue, to stay in its natural position while you sleep.
A Daytime Therapy
Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) with eXciteOSA for snoring
NMES safely activates nerves and trains muscles. NMES is a familiar and well-established technique in medicine and athletics.
eXciteOSA for snoring applies this same technique to training the tongue and upper airway muscles.
MAD / CPAP
|Treats a root cause of snoring|
|Nothing to wear at night|
|Low cost trial period|
|Helps your body to help itself|
eXciteOSA is different
Convenient daytime therapy
Comfortable and painless leaving you with nothing to wear at night.
95% responded to therapy
Of 115 patients, 95% responded to therapy. An average 41% reduction in snoring time (>40db) was seen across all patients2.
Retrains the upper airway
Physiologically retrains the upper airway. No other device currently on the market does that.
World’s first unique daytime treatment for snoring and mild OSA.
Only 20 minutes per day
eXciteOSA only needs to be used once during the day, for 20 minutes over a 6-week treatment period to be effective. It physiologically retrains the tongue to not only treat but reverse your mild obstructive sleep apnoea.
Track progress on Mobile App
By using the eXciteAPP which is available on iOS or Android you can track your progress over time, get support when needed and measure your improvements.
Sleep without a device
Unlike other sleep apnoea treatments eXciteOSA does not need to be worn at night to work. As eXciteOSA treats a root cause not just the symptoms you won’t need to rely on a device to help you sleep.
No prescription required*
Despite being backed by scientific research and treating a root cause of snoring and mild OSA you do not need a prescription from your doctor to use eXciteOSA all you need is our device and 20 minutes a day.
Multiple clinical trials have proven that muscle activity can be improved with the electrical stimulation technology principle used by eXciteOSA. By stimulating the tongue we can reduce snoring and sleep-related obstructions.
Treat a root cause
Other anti-snoring products aim to hold the breathing passage open or reduce resistance during sleep. eXciteOSA works to treat a cause, not the symptoms , for a restful night’s sleep.
Thousands of happy eXciteOSA users
I would recommend this device to anyone with sleep apnoea.
It can be used anytime of day for 20 minutes without bothering me when I’m trying to sleep.
It is indeed a life changing device
I’ve been using eXciteOSA for the last 3 months and I must say it really helps improving the quality of your sleeping. I wake up more energised and I don’t need CPAP anymore. The therapy is easy to do, you can do it while watching a film or TV.
eXciteOSA has been a relief for my wife and me!
She awakens refreshed and energetic- not groggy as in the past. I also benefit as I am not woken up multiple times during the night! I absolutely can appreciate a change in her energy level in the mornings and she doesn’t become so exhausted at the end of the day.
I have been so pleasantly surprised
I’ve gone through so much with my overall health and wasn’t sure if this would help me. IT DID! I don’t wake up feeling groggy or depleted. I feel like my weight loss regimen is working now since I’m getting recuperative sleep.
I am very grateful for eXciteOSA.
Now that I have been using the eXciteOSA I enjoy 5-6 hours of straight uninterrupted sleep and I feel better during the day with little tiredness.
Highly recommend it
I was diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. I used to have attacks at night with the feeling of not breathing, some attacks very scary. eXciteOSA was a big positive change for me. I don’t experience these attacks anymore and sleep much better.
You are in control
Use the eXciteOSA for snoring app to control the intensity of the stimulation and get guidance, reminders, and notifications about your therapy.
Pay later with Klarna & Paypal Paylater
Spread payments over 6, 12, 24 or 36 months with (Klarna) or split by 3 months (Paypal Paylater)
The Klarna and Paypal Paylater options will appear after entering your details via checkout
Hear how eXciteOSA® has transformed peoples sleep
“Very easy to use and quite simple to just find 20-minutes at a time.”
Trusted by Experts
Backed by leading sleep specialists
“We believe that eXciteOSA® therapy will be able to help many patients in the near future.”
- Specialist in ORL at Dr. Peset University Hospital, Valencia, Spain
- Expert in Sleep Medicine
- President of the Commission on Roncopathy and Sleep Apnoea of the Spanish Society of Otolaryngology and Head and Neck Surgery
“I am optimistic that this treatment will be an important treatment approach for patients with with mild sleep apnea and snoring.”
- M.D. Research Chief, Pulmonary, Critical Care and Sleep Medicine
- Peter C. Farrell Presidential Chair and Professor in Respiratory Medicine
- Former President, American Thoracic Society 2015- 2016
Frequently asked questions
Transcutaneous electrical nerve stimulation (TENS) machines stimulates the sensory nerves (the nerves that send signals from the body to the brain) with the purpose of disrupting the pain signal.
Neuromuscular electrical stimulation (NMES) also uses electrical stimulation, but targets the motor nerves (the nerves that send signals from the brain to the body) in order to stimulate the muscles directly.
Sensory and motor nerves fire at different frequencies, which is how TENS and NMES devices are able to impact them differently.
eXciteOSA® for snoring is a user-controllable neuromuscular electrical stimulator (NMES) that delivers a mild electrical current with defined frequencies to stimulate and improve muscle function in the mouth and tongue.
Unlike traditional snoring therapies, eXciteOSA® strengthens tongue and throat muscle tone, to prevent excessive muscle relaxation during sleep, reducing airway collapse and therefore snoring.
A daytime therapy with no night-time wearable necessary for a better night’s sleep.
There are several options for treating snoring.
Mandibular (jaw) advancement devices (MADs) work by temporarily moving the jaw forward, in order to create more space in the airway.
Surgery is usually an option to consider after other treatments have failed. Examples include removal of soft tissues from the airway, or procedures designed to stiffen the airway.
NMES physiologically retrains the upper airway and tongue to maintain the tongue’s natural position while you sleep, effectively helping your body help itself. eXciteOSA for snoring is the only device in the world that can deliver NMES directly to your tongue and surrounding soft tissue.
Try today with our sleep guarantee
If you don’t notice improvement after 6 weeks, return your device for your money back*
* Terms and Condition of the Sleep Guarantee: You must start using the device within 1 x calendar week of receiving your eXciteOSA. For optimal results, you should use it every day for 6 weeks. However, we know that we are all only human and people forget things – so we ask that you use it for a total of 6 weeks (a total of 42 days) within an 8 week period (56 days). A session is equivalent to 20 minutes. In addition, it is recommended that you increase the therapy intensity gradually over the treatment period to ensure that you give the treatment every chance of being effective. Please note that once the initial therapy is finished and to maintain the treatment you need to use the device at least twice a week forever.
The mouthpiece is a precision piece of engineering responsible for delivering neuromuscular electrical stimulation targeted primarily at the tongue. It needs to be replaced every 3 months and therefore will not be refunded as part of the ‘try before you buy offer’. We will deduct £70 + VAT from the final refund amount. Signifier will send you a return label for the device to be returned. Please contact Signifier Medical to arrange this.
- Kotecha B, Wong PY, Zhang H, Hassaan A. A novel intraoral neuromuscular stimulation device for treating sleep-disordered breathing. Sleep Breath 2021;25(4):2083-2090.
- Baptista PM, Martinez Ruiz de Apodaca P, Carrasco M, Fernandez S, Wong PY, Zhang H, Hassaan A, Kotecha B. Daytime neuromuscular electrical therapy of tongue muscles in improving snoring in individuals with primary snoring and mild obstructive sleep apnea. J Clin Med 2021;10(9):1-11.
- Nokes B, Baptista PM, Martínez Ruiz de Apodaca P, Carrasco-Llatas M, Fernandez S, Kotecha B, Wong PY, Zhang H, Hassaan A, Malhotra A. Transoral awake state neuromuscular therapy for mild obstructive sleep apnea. Sleep Breath [accepted; in-press].
- Lofaso F, Coste A, Gilain L, Harf A, Guilleminault C, Goldenberg F. Sleep fragmentation as a risk factor for hypertension in middle-aged nonapneic snorers. Chest 1996;109(4):896-900
- Kalchiem-Dekel O, Westreich R, Regev A, Novack V, Goldberg M, Maimon N. Snoring intensity and excessive daytime sleepiness in subjects without obstructive sleep apnea. Laryngoscope 2016;126(7):1696-1701
- Gottlieb DJ, Yao Q, Redline S, Ali T, Mahowald MW. Does snoring predict sleepiness independently of apnea and hypopnea frequency? Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2000;162(4 Pt 1):1512-1517
- Hu FB, Willett WC, Manson JE, Colditz GA, Rimm EB, Speizer FE, Hennekens CH, Stampfer MJ. Snoring and risk of cardiovascular disease in women. J Am Coll Cardiol 2000;35(2):308-313.
- Deeb R, Judge P, Peterson E, Lin JC, Yaremchuk K. Snoring and carotid artery intima-media thickness. Laryngoscope 2014;124(6):1486-1491.
- Scher AI, Lipton RB, Stewart WF. Habitual snoring as a risk factor for chronic daily headache. Neurology 2003;60(8):1366-1368.
- Young T, Peppard PE, Gottlieb DJ. Epidemiology of obstructive sleep apnea: a population health perspective. Am J Respir Crit Care Med 2002;165(9):1217-1239.